Before you begin your narrative questions, please review the Focus Area Funding Priorities (Arts, Community Development, Health & Human Services, Youth & Education) section of this website and determine which NewAlliance Foundation funding priority your application will address.
Then determine the Type of Grant you are seeking and answer the narrative questions that apply to that type of grant. If you are an organization serving Connecticut statewide, you are not eligible to apply for General Operating Support, but may apply for a Program Grant for your work in the Communities We Serve.
Do not exceed two pages of text for your narrative questions and use a size 12 font or greater. Keep a minimum one inch margin on all four sides of your paper and repeat the question at the start of your answer.
*Please state your mission at the top of the page before answering the narrative questions, then repeat each question at the start of your answer.
For General Operating Requests:
- How has your organization adapted to the pandemic? Describe the positive and/or negative impact the pandemic has had on your ability to carry out your mission.
- Describe a meaningful moment, experience, or event that illustrates your organization’s ability to adapt to the challenges you currently face.
- Note future plans. What will 2021 look like for your organization? What is your biggest challenge moving forward?
- Comment on anything you would like NewAlliance Foundation to know regarding the health of your organization, the importance of your work at this moment, and/or a particular area of need grant funds would address.
For Program or Project Requests:
- How has the program you seek funding for adapted to the pandemic? Describe the positive and/or negative impact the pandemic has had on the program implementation.
- Describe a meaningful moment, experience, or event that illustrates the program’s effectiveness and impact, especially at this time.
- Note future plans. What will 2021 look like for this program? What is your biggest challenge moving forward?
- Comment on anything you would like NewAlliance Foundation to know regarding the health of your organization, the importance of your work at this moment, and/or a particular area within your program grant funds would address.
For Sponsorship Requests:
- Describe the fund raising event for which you seek a sponsorship grant. Include details on attendance, revenue expectation, and logistics.
- If you have held this event in the past or are doing it for the first time, state why you believe it will be successful now?
- What methods and tools do you plan to use to capture data to evaluate the success of your fund raising event?
- Comment on anything you would like NewAlliance Foundation to know regarding the importance of this event, how it supports your work, and/or how revenue from the event will be directed to support your mission.
For Capital Requests:
- Under the Focus Area Funding Priority section of our website, determine your focus area, click on your choice, then re-state which of the two bullets your organization addresses in your work.
- Explain how the efforts of your organization succeed in addressing the above noted need.
- Describe what led to your decision to launch this capital campaign and the unique challenges you face, if any, raising money during the pandemic.
- Describe the capital project for which you are seeking grant support. Note how the project will support and/or expand your ability to carry out your mission to meet the community need stated in Question #2. State the completion date for this project.
- List the funds and donors that have been secured to date toward your fund raising goal for this capital project.
- What, if any, increase in total operating expenses will occur as a result of this capital project? How will you raise and sustain additional operating funds?